Startup, Commissioning & Operations
Startup of today’s complex process units and power plants is demanding and requires careful planning and preparation of both the plant equipment and the operating organization. Each activity must be meticulously planned and then executed in the right sequence to avoid expensive delays during commissioning and initial operation.
CB&I has decades of experience in precommissioning, mechanical completion checkout, commissioning, startup and initial operating activities, and can provide the in-depth experience, procedures and personnel to prepare each unit to achieve a smooth startup.
From participation in proposal development and risk assessment through final performance testing, our commissioning experts draw upon years of experience to add value throughout project development, execution and delivery. Major commissioning site activities include:
- Interfacing with the construction team and acceptance of completed systems
- Precommissioning activities
- Training and qualification of customer O&M personnel
- Preparation of detailed operating/technical manuals
- Commissioning activities
- Conducting or assisting the customer with startup activities
- Demonstration of all personnel safety devices
- Participating in ramp-up, optimization and performance testing
- Operating services during the warranty period
CB&I’s customers expect a safe, functional facility with high uptime, product that meets exact specifications, and low operating and maintenance costs. The goal of our commissioning teams is to meet or exceed their expectations on every project.