Ensuring the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the public is a core value of CB&I. We uphold this value in the same way that we ensure the quality of our work – by implementing rigorous controls through every phase of our projects.
Training and focus on leading indicators are the keys to preventing accidents and incidents. Our employees receive extensive training on how to perform their jobs safely, properly and in compliance with environmental regulations.
Our HSE processes and employee training have enabled CB&I to achieve one of the best safety performance benchmarks in the industry. We've executed thousands of projects without a single lost workday or recordable incident. Our projects have garnered numerous safety awards from customers, industry associations and safety organizations.
Safety benefits the customer.
We make safety a core value because it is the right thing to do. But we also know that our health, safety and environmental program benefits our customers. It:
- Reduces costs – Our commitment reduces our customers' labor costs and the expenses of supervising and auditing their contractor's safety practices.
- Lessens risk – Safer work practices lessen the probability of an incident occurring at the customer's facility and the potential for liability.
- Minimizes impacts – Our global Crisis Management Team can respond quickly in the event of a natural disaster, operational upset or unlikely construction event. Their knowledge and preparedness is key to minimizing the impact of an incident.
- Improves compliance – Our rigorous safety process helps customers comply with OSHA's Process Safety Management standards and other compliance standards.
- Ensures peace of mind – Our customers can be confident that they have a capable, safety-focused contractor with well-trained and committed personnel on the job.
Safety is the responsibility of every employee at CB&I, and zero incidents is our foremost goal. Around the world, our trained personnel work to ensure the safety of themselves, their coworkers, the customer and the public.
Environmental protection is part of our corporate citizenship.
CB&I is committed to operating our jobsites and facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. This commitment is demonstrated through our environmental management program, innovative solutions for reducing air emissions and our technologies for producing cleaner fuels.
We believe environmental responsibility goes beyond regulatory compliance; it is an integral part of our corporate citizenship. Our ability to deliver projects worldwide has been a keystone of our success, and we are an important constituent of the many communities where we work. Our goal is to design and deliver projects that benefit these communities while protecting their natural resources.
Solutions for cleaner air and power.
We've participated in thousands of projects aimed at meeting the world's growing energy demand while minimizing harm to the environment. We've built refinery components that reduce air emissions; power plants that use cleaner-burning, more efficient sources of fuel; storage tanks that incorporate patented emissions-control features; and platforms for harvesting wind energy. We've developed systems that provide clean drinking water for communities and effectively treat wastewater for safe disposal. Every day, we are working on new technologies and solutions that can help our customers prevent or reduce pollution.
Around the world, our construction, manufacturing and warehouse supervisors receive environmental awareness education and training. Every one of our facilities is periodically audited by a third party expert for environmental compliance. In addition, we have an extensive number of corporate standards that address jobsite environmental plans, hazardous waste management and disposal, emergency response planning, and other environmental matters.